Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mommy

No, I don't have a flat belly, I carried a baby for 9 months. I'm not obese, just not America's social standard of "beauty" I guess.

"Why don't you work out?"

I work a 40+ hr a week job & I would rather spend time coloring on the floor with my daughter or reading a book with her than be concerned with what someone I don't know thinks about my body.

"You need to wear different clothes!"

Well, I hate shopping. I'm too petite for women's clothes & I hate what the junior's clothing that fits me looks like. Mama's got no business in booty shorts.

I choose to spend my money on my daughter, not on myself.

I cook healthy dinners 6 nights a week. I clean house daily.

I'm too busy being a mom & an "almost" wife.

I assure you, no one hates the way I look more than myself.

My fiance thinks I'm beautiful & sexy. My daughter loves me & doesn't care if I have a belly pooch.

Moral of the story: Stop projecting

No comments:

Post a Comment