Friday, May 14, 2010

Come On Pet Owners!!

OK, I have a bone to pick with some pet owners out there.. I work for a major pet supply company in their grooming department. I am -to say the least- appalled at some of the things I've been seeing lately: dogs so covered in mats that they can't see, they smell like they've been living in their own waste for months, nails so overgrown the nail is beginning to grow into their pad.. What part of that seems OK?!? So frustrating! It's more ignorance than it is neglect. It's people that just don't know. Here's a few little tips from me to you.. If you have a dog w/ long, curly, kinky, or wavy hair.. Please brush your dog a couple times a week, this will keep it from getting matted. Matting can cut circulation off to areas of the skin & limbs!   Your dog's hair should be cut/trimmed at least once a month if it's long/curvy/wavy/kinky. Please bathe your pet! If you dog has matting DON'T bathe it. The mats will get worse! 
If your dog's toenails are touching the ground buff them.   If you're not comfortable doing it take them to a pet supply chain (PetSmart, Petco..etc..) they charge between $10-$15. I honestly believe that pet owners mean well, it's a matter of being educated. I see a lot of people that just don't know. Just ask!!! For the sake of your pet ASK! :) We like to see happy pets & owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment