Friday, May 14, 2010

Things You Take For Granted

I've been in Austin 7 years as of July. That being said, my track record for living in one place in this town..well.. it's bad.. I've never lived anywhere for more than 3-6 months at a time. I've had a lot of boyfriend drama & even more roommate drama. I'm pretty sure I've moved something like 14 or 15 times in 7 years.. geez lol

As of this week Brodie (my boyfriend) & I moved into our own apartment & it's amazing! you can read all about it on his blog. As I'm standing here writing this, I am in a laundry room at 11pm on a Friday.. Having your own washer & dryer makes you spoiled & I've had them in the last 3 places I've lived. Oh how I hate laundry rooms! lol Having to drag all your laundry into the laundry room, then fold it up, load it back into the car, take it home, unload it, & put it all away :p so tedious! I have to work at 9a & I'm exhausted..However, my siesta turned into a 3 hour nap.. oops! ;) 40 mins left 'til the dryers are done.. then home & to bed! Ok.. I'm sorry A.D.D. is acting up again ;)~  So back to the things you take for granted.. 1) having a clean house!

I haven't had many 'clean' roommates.. which is a problem.. I have really bad cleaning OCD & the older I get the worse it gets. 2) Just having your own space.. I can walk around naked if I wanted to & no one cares! 3) Not sharing a bathroom.. enough said.. 4) A dishwasher. Now I'm not opposed to hand-washing a couple little dishes, but on a night when you cook a big meal, it's really nice to be able to just rinse off the dishes & let something else do the work! 5) Peace & quiet.. I am by no means a heavy sleeper. Not being woke up on my days off by slamming doors, loud TVs, & screaming roommates is absolutely amazing! 

Having roommates, especially bad ones, makes you grumpy & unhappy. I have a couple of friends that opted not to deal with me for the last 3 months because I was really negative. I don't blame them.. I wasn't a fan of me either. The day we moved into our new place a weight was lifted off my chest. I couldn't be happier. Best part is I have an amazing man to share it with :)  (I know puke lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment